Somewhere around two years ago I, in the classic words of Gary Larson, "went to the vet to get tutored." Paid some co pays, had the most uncomfortable 20 minutes of my life, took a couple of tests and I was the proud owner of some non-reproductive equipment.
More important than what did happen, I feel, is what didn't:
- Neither my insurance company nor my employers batted an eyelash over me possibly cheating God out of babies even though I might still have sex.
- The place I went to was a medical office, with real doctors. I didn't have to worry about being sent to a "Urology Crisis Center" where white coated religious fanatics tried to talk me out of it by making up stories of all the physical and mental trauma I would face going through with it.
- No one called me a horndog for wanting birth control. I didn't have to watch pictures of my happy wriggling sperm before they did the deed.
- The biggest problem with the facility I went to for the procedure was finding a parking space. I didn't have to worry it would be closed due to state or local government action.
- I did not have to worry my walk to the front door would subject me to harassment from people who would yell insults and false platitudes, and who would block my path, shower me with blood or stuffie sperm or even place an IED in the clinic if they had the chance.
- My doctor might be delayed with other work, but I wouldn't have to worry about him and his escort being shotgunned in the parking lot.
So, do both genders have problems? Yes. Are they anywhere the same sizes? Oh, Hell no.